My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Michigan, United States

Spent a long career making lots of money for other people. Now it's my turn. _____________________________ Email: erikivanjames@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thinking of Things

I lay without sleep, thinking of things.
A parade of storms marched by.

Lightening opened doors in black sky.
I saw visions of you, brief, vivid and clear.

Thunder rattled the walls and shook my heart.
I was lonely, I wanted you near.

Wind chorused a shrill song, its melody repeated.
I wished for your breath to mingle with mine.

Drum-rolls of rain echoed rhythms on the roof.
I longed for the feel of your fresh washed hair.

Smells of drenched earth wafted through open windows.
I yearned to disrobe you of the lace you wear.

I lay awake through last night, thinking of you.
A parade of storms marched by.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

Very touching poem.
Like the parade of storms matching the parade of thoughts.

12:22 PM EDT  
Blogger ivan said...

Lightning strikes!

And you'd said you couldn't write poetry!

8:16 PM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

Thank you, Bernita. I am having a bit of fun writing this stuff.

7:06 AM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

Just scribbling, Ivan, just scribbling.

Welcome. Good to see you.

7:07 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff, erik.

try changing line 9 to read "on the roof"

I know it might throw the metre off, but it should flow better.

just a sugggestion, that extra sylable caught me up.

9:27 AM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

Thanks, Ric. It's done.

10:24 AM EDT  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I'm not much for poetry, but this is something I think most people can automatically connect to. Great stuff Erik.

2:57 PM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

"...this is something I think most people can automatically connect to."

Sandra, that is a wonderful compliment. Thank you!

3:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Shesawriter said...

"Smells of drenched earth wafted tgrough open windows."

This was my favorite. :-)

9:57 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home