My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Michigan, United States

Spent a long career making lots of money for other people. Now it's my turn. _____________________________ Email: erikivanjames@gmail.com

Friday, February 16, 2007

Suddenly

Suddenly she was here.
Gently she came, like the warm breezes of a mid-summer’s morning.

Suddenly a dark shadow drifted in, like a cold fog of dreary gray.
It covered her heart and squelched her heating love.

Suddenly she was gone.
He had swept her away, like the frigid winds of a black mid-winter’s night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

Nice tirad, nice parallels, Erik.

7:48 AM EST  
Blogger James Goodman said...

I like this. You've got so much going on in so few words. Nicely doe.

9:35 AM EST  
Blogger Donnetta said...

Love this, Erik. I see it. Donnetta

2:23 PM EST  
Blogger EA Monroe said...

I like it, too, Erik. Oh, yes, I do.

1:00 PM EST  
Blogger ivan said...

Yes, quite a lament.

Makes me think of old Willie Blake:

"The solitary worm that flies in the night

In the howling storm

Has found out thy bed of private joy..."

Ivan

1:13 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home