My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Michigan, United States

Spent a long career making lots of money for other people. Now it's my turn. _____________________________ Email: erikivanjames@gmail.com

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Walk with Me

Here...take my hand. Come walk with me.
Let’s stroll along this wooded path.
Let’s fondle the leaves, let’s smell the ferns.

Your arm feels good around my waist.
Let’s get in step or we’ll bump our hips.
Let’s laugh, let’s giggle.

I love it when you point things out to me.
Let’s watch the squirrel.
Let’s see the rabbit.

Along the way we’ll stop to have a tender moment.
Let’s share a hug.
Let’s steal a kiss.

Over there...see that log?
Let’s take a seat.
Let’s have a rest.

Do you feel the shade?
Let’s let it cool our brow.
Let’s take it as our refreshment.

Come, sit close to me.
Let’s stay connected.
Let’s absorb each other.

Close your eyes, be still and quiet.
Let’s hear the birds.
Let’s listen to the limbs while they sway.

Allow your mind to drift away.
Let’s find a dream.
Let’s share some pleasure.

Turn to me, I’ll touch you there.
Let’s show our love.
Let’s take each other.

Here...take my hand. Come walk with me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Max and Me said...

i would love to take such a walk...this was simply delightful!

1:35 PM EST  
Blogger ivan said...

Adam and Eve in the garden.

Lovely poem.

You bet your leaf!

1:57 PM EST  
Blogger Donnetta said...

Romantic. A long walk in the mystery garden next to the one you love. Mmm. Donnetta

9:40 PM EST  
Blogger Bernita said...

The art of seduction, or, down the garden path, Erik!

7:54 AM EST  
Blogger EA Monroe said...

~smiling~
My ideal heaven. Yes, it is.

4:00 PM EST  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

What is it about poetry that soothes the soul?

I needed my soul soothed today. If this were food, I'd say that this poem "hit the spot." Thank you!

8:02 PM EST  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Beautiful Poem!

10:11 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to take that walk!! Sounds so very romantic.

9:35 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home