My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Michigan, United States

Spent a long career making lots of money for other people. Now it's my turn. _____________________________ Email: erikivanjames@gmail.com

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bug Tails - "'fraidy-cat"


Last evening we enjoyed our first thunderstorms of the season. A series of them rolled through during the night. Bug spent the entire night plastered against me, trembling. (If you don’t know about Bug, he came to us as a stray a little over a year ago. We believe he had been through a lot). Old Libby just snored, on the floor, belly-up.

This morning, when I crawled out of bed, Bug stayed attached to me. When I sat at the table to suck down my first cup of coffee, he lay across my feet---not by them, on them. Same thing when I sat on the toilet. Have you ever tried to wipe with a dog across your feet?

He wanted to get in the shower with me too. I should have let him. He stinks after a long winter without a bath.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

Poor little Bug!

8:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Donnetta said...

We had a little female dog named Rufus who was terrified of storms. Had to give her a tranquilizer when she got old as it would storm. She was a yorkiepoo. Lived to be 17 yrs old. Now have Percy the toy poodle. So far, he's okay. Mama has a small hound dog named "Bug" because he is "cute as a bug."

Donnetta

6:19 PM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

~laughing~
Yeah right, Bernita. It's poor "me" in the middle of the night when he decides to "bug" me.

6:41 AM EDT  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

Thanks for stopping by, Donnetta. It is interesting, the names we pick for our pets. My Ma has a small dog she named "Minute". Because the little dog is "no bigger than a minute".

6:44 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stories of pets who "bug" are sure sellers.
This is whimsical and highly entertaining.
You're going to sell your Bug pieces somewhere. I am convinced of it.

Ivan

8:26 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home